Monday 11 February 2013

Best Dressed at the Grammys

With a 'wardrobe advisory' notice given by Grammys broadcaster CBS this year, I was curious to know what the celebrities would turn up wearing! Here are my picks of the Best Dressed at this years Grammys:



Rihanna took me by total surprise! I have never been a fan of her fashion choices in the past, I know she is considered a style icon but her style is just not my taste! But with this custom made scarlet Azzedine Alaia gown teamed with Neil Lane jewellery, Manolo Blahnik shoes and Barbie doll tresses she looked resplendent!




Pushing the boundaries of the dress code, Kelly Rowland was an absolute stunner in this striking Georges Chakra couture gown. A hands down red carpet winner!





I think I have a girl crush on Katy Perry! Apparently even Elton John couldn't stop staring at her ample chest at the awards! The E.T singer flaunted her curves in this Old Hollywood style Gucci mint green gown with beading around the collar. One word: GORGEOUS!





Love Love Love the color of this dazzling Ralph & Russo couture gown! The coral spiked Christian Louboutins were a perfect match to this knockout dress. Loved this look the most! Solange Knowles totally nailed it!





Though many found this dress too boring, I actually liked this Paule Ka creation worn by Kelly Osbourne mainly because of the cutout details. Simple and elegant. Though I can't say the same about Miss Kelly O's hair, makeup and accessories! Too bad :/




Beyonce sported the monochrome trend and ditched the dress with this Osman Yousefzada jumpsuit. Though a bit simple for a red carpet event, I think Mrs.Carter still managed to look gorgeous; with the figure hugging jumpsuit beautifully accentuating her curves. Proof that you don't need plunging necklines and thigh high slits to look stunning.


Which were your favorite looks from the event?



xxx

D




1 comment: